GRAFTON HIGH SCHOOL PTSA
Executive Committee Meeting
May 15, 2018
Attendance: Eve Mazaika (Vice President), Kaylin Haywood (Treasurer),Gail Asher (Hospitality), Whitney Cataldo (Principle), Lisa Fazenbaker (Hospitality), Shannon Davies, Trish Johnson (Recording Secretary), Nakeya Green
Opening: Eve called the meeting to order at 7:06 pm.
Approval of minutes: Gail Asher made a motion to approve the minutes, Lisa Frazenbaker seconded, and the motion was unanimously approved.
- Account balance: $5,013.68
- Receipt – $60 donated to hospitality, $628.90 received this quarter from Kroger, and $12 received from 2 members joining.
- Disbursement – $22.50 was sent to state PTA for 6 members, we paid an online fee of $.07 and hospitality spent $177.
After Prom balance: $11,137.40
- Receipt – received $5,901.86 from fundraisers and donations
- Disbursement – spent $8806.23 for activities and prizes
- We have not received any applications for the scholarship as of today
- Nakeya attended the YCC board meeting
- Sunday, June 3rd we will present the new board for elections prior to the band concert at 2:00pm
- Please add the documents you are working on to google docs from now on to make it easier to share with incoming board members
- Sent birthday cards to staff, one get well card and one condolence card.
- Condolences: Fred Hilder, guidance office, passed away
- Spring Musical was amazing and was a great collaboration with elementary school, middle school and high school students
- 3-D Event is showing now on the community channel and was shown in school. It’s a video starring Grafton students take show the effects of drinking and driving on the person, the family and community
- Grafton pageant was held this month.
- Teaching positions – Vice Principal – Karen Moore is retiring this year
- AP exams & SOLs are coming up soon
- Teacher Appreciation week was amazing. Thank you so much for your love and support
- YCSD Star Banquet – We honor people in the division
- 200 Men Scholar’s Breakfast recognizes African American boys in the community even if they weren’t present
- NHS induction – May 16th
- SCA Campaigns are going on now
- Prom/After Prom – May 19/20
- Senior class day (breakfast) – May 25
- APHG Service Learning celebration – donate animals
- Blood drive sponsored by NHS – June 1st
- Band concert – June 3rd
- No report
- No Report
- Our Plaza Azteca fundraiser brought in $270.
- We have met our fundraising goals and are ready for the big event.
- The baccalaureate Service will be held on Sunday, June 10, 2018 @4:00pm in the GHS Auditorium
- Pastor Dr. Cynthia R. Higgins, First Presbyterian Church in Hampton has agreed to deliver the message at Baccalaureate this year. She was recommended to us by Martha Owens
- No Report
- In April, 34 volunteers donated 67 hours.
- Our last Teacher Lunch is a Picnic in the Library, probably on Wednesday, June 6.
- The Taco Bar Teacher Lunch on Wednesday, April 18, 2018, was well attended.
- We need guidance in planning next year’s appreciation events. Are we doing something for every Appreciation Day/Week? What and when is the school (vs PTSA) doing Appreciation events so we don’t duplicate or plan on the same day? What is our budget for multiple Appreciation events?
Response: We plan to recognize staff members to include custodians and bus drivers. We can set our own schedule or do activities in line with York County. Nakeya will work on a schedule for next year.
- The templates should be done on Friday.
- We have 899 members
- Friday’s Red and Blue Crew is Sundaes
- Staff Member of month for May is Janet Pierce (Special Ed Para)
- We are using Mail Chimp next year
- No Report
- No report
- Nakeya mentioned that we should have a teacher representative and a student representative at the board meetings to get feedback from them. She recommended we get kids from leadership class to be the student rep. We have teacher and student representatives but they have not been attended board meetings.
Eve adjourned the meeting at 7:45 pm. Our next general membership meeting is Sunday, June 3rd at 1:45 in the GHS auditorium. The next board meeting is Tuesday, June 12 at 6pm at Plaza Azteca. This is our turnover meeting. Please bring your binders to pass to the incoming board member.