- Upcoming dates:
9 Mar – “A” Day — Yes, tomorrow is an “A” Day!
YCSD will maintain master schedule until further notice on making up snow-days
11 Mar – Interim Reports Available
17 Mar – After Prom Committee Planning Mtg @ 6:30pm in GHS Atrium
25 Mar – YCSB Community Forum with Dr. Shandor, YCSD Superintendant @ 7 p.m. in GHS Auditorium
6 – 10 Apr – Spring Break!
Student News! While our Boys Varsity Basketball Team was wrapping up their Conference Championship Season, 12 promising GHS Band members were competing for All-State Band. Kudos to Helen Landers, Matthew Fry, Tyler Thompson, Noah Mendoza and David Anderson for making the cut!
After Prom still needs YOU! Don’t wait until your child is a senior to volunteer! After-Prom provides a safe, fun, and exciting environment for our seniors and their dates once the formal prom is complete. Freshman, Sophomore, Junior and SENIOR parents are encouraged to volunteer. The Class of 2015 After Prom will NOT happen without your help. Email Charlene Lassiter, Volunteer Coordinator, at email@example.com TODAY! If you can’t donate your time, please support this important event by attending the following event(s) or making a donation payable to GHS After Prom mailed to Grafton High School, 403 Grafton Dr, Yorktown, VA 23692.
Please support the following After-Prom Fun$raisers:
Outback Dinner Tickets are still available this Monday & Tuesday ONLY during your GHS lunch blocks for just $12. Tickets are limited to 250 so don’t delay. Don’t cook on March18th and enjoy an Outback Dinner that includes steak AND chicken, rice, caesar salad, bread and a drink. Baked goods will also be available for donation.
Outback Dinner, March 18 at GHS, from 5:30-7:00 PM. See Attachment
SALT & GRIME ALL OVER YOUR CAR DUE TO THE RECENT SNOW? Bring your car out to the GHS After-Prom CAR WASHES onSaturday, March 14th & March 21st from 10am – 3pm @ One Stop Auto on Route 17 between Walmart & McDonalds.
And don’t miss the pageant of all pageants — Mr. Grafton 2015 on Friday, 27 March @ 7pm in the GHS Auditorium. The guys have been training hard and the rehearsals promise a hilarious evening! If parents would like to volunteer their support, please contact Cindy Kirschke at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tammy Minter at email@example.com. Skip “The Bachelor” and check out the Mr. Grafton pageant!
Then Before or After the pageant, enjoy a sweet treat from SweetFrog Yorktown on March 27th. Tell your cashier that you are with GHS and they will donate 20% of their proceeds to After-Prom. See Attachment
CALLING ALL RUNNERS! Spring will soon be here!! So sign up now and before March 21st to get your discounted rate for the GHS Color Me Red and Blue 5K Fun Run on April 4th! And check out the special discount for groups! See Attachments
Lastly, don’t forget to purchase Senior Graduation Garden Flags & GHS Yard Sign for your graduate! See Photo & Order Attachments
Administrative/School Counseling News:
- Please bring your college acceptance letters to Mrs. Bowles in the School Counseling Office. We will make a copy and give them back the original.
- If the colleges Seniors have applied to require a mid-year transcript, please have them bring an envelope for each school, addressed with stamp, and the student’s name printed under the flap of the envelope by no later than February 6th……for all schools that use the Commom Application, the counselor will send these electronically, NO envelope is required!!!
- Senior Parents! If you want your student’s name and scholarship to be noted in the graduation program, you must bring the scholarship award letter to Mrs. Bowles in the School Counseling Office. You do NOT need to be accepting the scholarship to have it noted in the program!
- ASVAB Interpretation March 10 @ 7:30 am – ASVAB results from the Feb. 12 test will be distributed at a one -hour interpretation session in lab 204. Students will receive a pass to attend. For more information, please contact your child’s school counselor.
- The Hugh O’Brian Youth Leadership Program (HOBY) is looking for a selected Ambassador to represent Grafton High School. HOBY is a prestigious summer leadership program. The selected GHS student is joined by thousands of other high school sophomores who attend one of 72 HOBY Leadership Seminars throughout the country. See Mrs. Ericsson in the School Counseling Office if you’re interested. Additional information can be found on www.hoby.org/students & http://www.vahoby.org/
- PTSA News:
- Together we can make a difference! Volunteers are always welcome and needed. GHS & the PTSA Needs You! Please consider taking on a leadership role in one of our very worthy events. Questions? Please contact Deanne Wagner, PTSA Volunteers Chairman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 951-3085
- Clubs/Activities News:
- York County High School Sailing Team!… is always looking for new team members. If you have any sailing experience, please consider joining our team. Please see attached flyer for more info or email email@example.com. Open to all students in York County School District, grades 7 – 12.
- Don’t know how to sail?….contact Al Cummins at firstname.lastname@example.org or 757-259-0739 and learn about the Seaford Yacht Club 2015 Learn to Sail Junior Sailing Program for info on summer programs.
- Closing Thought:
What hurts more, the pain of hard work or the pain of regret?
“Don’t quit! Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.”
– Muhammad Ali
GHS PTSA website: http://www.graftonptsa.org
Have a comment for the GHS PTSA? Want something corrected a/o added to this mailing? Want to be DELETED from our e-mail listing? Reply and let us know! Contact Monday Message at email@example.com
GHS PTSA Board 2014 – 2015
President – Chuck Cooper
Vice President – Helen Dennie
Treasurer – Linda Anderson
Recording Secretary – Mary Catherine Fralich
Corresponding Secretary – Heba Elkobaitry
GHS PTSA Committee Chairs 2014-2015
After Prom – Diann DeCesare & Michele Wind
We need Volunteers, Committee Chairs, and Fundraising Event Organizers! Contact GHSAfterProm2015@gmail.com
Baccalaureate – Beth Evans & Michele Nelson
Hospitality – Cindy Howard & Carol Caraballo
Membership – Sandra DiGangi & Eve Mazaika
Monday Message – Chuck Cooper
Student Directory – Trey Tackling
Volunteers – Deanne Wagner
Web Page – Dave Hoegerman