- Upcoming dates:
2 Mar – “B” Day — Yes, tomorrow is a “B” Day!
YCSD will maintain master schedule until further notice on making up snow-days.
4 Mar – After Prom Committee Planning Mtg @ 6:30pm in GHS Atrium
After Prom still needs YOU! Don’t wait until your child is a senior to volunteer! After-Prom provides a safe, fun, and exciting environment for our seniors and their dates once the formal prom is complete. Freshman, Sophomore, Junior and SENIOR parents are encouraged to volunteer. The Class of 2015 After Prom will NOT happen without your help. Email Charlene Lassiter, Volunteer Coordinator, at email@example.com TODAY! If you can’t donate your time, please support this important event by attending the following event(s) or making a donation payable to GHS After Prom mailed to Grafton High School, 403 Grafton Dr, Yorktown, VA 23692.
Its ZUMBA time!!! This Saturday, May 7 from 9-12 come out and ZUMBA in support of the Class of 2015 After-Prom. Tickets are only $10.00. Stay the entire time or just an hour. Your support is greatly appreciated. Email Chris Thompson, Zumbathon Chair firstname.lastname@example.org additional information needed. See Attachment
Outback Dinner Tickets will be available this week ONLY during your GHS lunch blocks for just $12. Tickets are limited to 250 so don’t delay. Don’t cook on May 18 and enjoy an Outback Dinner that includes steak AND chicken, rice, caesar salad, bread and a drink. Baked goods will also be available for donation.
Outback Dinner, May 18 at GHS 5:30–7:00 PM. See Attachment
And don’t miss the the pageant of all pageants — Mr. Grafton 2015! The competition will be held Friday, March 27th at 7pm in the GHS auditorium. Any interested student can sign up in the GHS office now. For more information, contact Cindy Kirschke email@example.com or Tammy Minter at firstname.lastname@example.org. Skip “The Bachelor” and check out the Mr. Grafton pageant!
And Yes, Spring will soon be here! So sign up know for the GHS Color Me Red and Blue 5K Fun Run on April 4th! And check out the special discount for groups! See Attachment
Administrative/School Counseling News:
- Please bring your college acceptance letters to Mrs. Bowles in the School Counseling Office. We will make a copy and give them back the original.
- If the colleges Seniors have applied to require a mid-year transcript, please have them bring an envelope for each school, addressed with stamp, and the student’s name printed under the flap of the envelope by no later than February 6th……for all schools that use the Commom Application, the counselor will send these electronically, NO envelope is required!!!
- Senior Parents! If you want your student’s name and scholarship to be noted in the graduation program, you must bring the scholarship award letter to Mrs. Bowles in the School Counseling Office. You do NOT need to be accepting the scholarship to have it noted in the program!
AP TESTING: If you haven’t signed-up and paid for AP Tests yet, please contact GHS ASAP!
Forms have been given out in AP classes and are attached. Only 1 form is need per student. The cost is $91 per exam, with checks payable to Grafton High School. Please include a parent contact number on the check. Please contact/e-mail Mrs. Huffinesshuffines@ycsd.york.va.us or call her at 898-0419 if you have any questions.
Save the Date! 15 March 2015 for AAVMC Veterinary Medical Career Fair and Information Sessions – Registration is Open! See Attachment for this free event in D.C. for any high school and undergraduate student interested in the veterinary medical profession.
- PTSA News:
Upcoming After Prom Fundraisers:
7 March – Zumbathon! See Attachment
18 March – Outback Steak Night See Attachment
27 March – The Mr. Grafton Pageant!
4 April – Color Me Red-n-Blue 5K Fun Run/Walk See Attachments
Together we can make a difference! Volunteers are always welcome and needed. GHS & the PTSA Needs You! Please consider taking on a leadership role in one of our very worthy events. Questions? Please contact Deanne Wagner, PTSA Volunteers Chairman at email@example.com or 951-3085
- 4. Clubs/Activities News:
- Have you checked out GHS’s Drama Thespian Troupe 6001? The Spring Musical of Little Women has been set for April. Club members just returned from the Virginia State Thespian Festival at GMU where 7 students qualified for the National competition at the International Thespian Festival this summer in Lincoln, NE! Check them out at
www.thespiantroupe6001.weebly.com or contact Mrs. Kreicar at GHS.
York County High School Sailing Team!… is always looking for new team members. If you have any sailing experience, please consider joining our team. Please see attached flyer for more info or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Open to all students in York County School District, grades 7 – 12.
- Don’t know how to sail?….contact Al Cummins at email@example.com or 757-259-0739 and learn about the Seaford Yacht Club 2015 Learn to Sail Junior Sailing Program for info on summer programs.
- Closing Thought:
What hurts more, the pain of hard work or the pain of regret?
“Don’t quit! Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.”
– Muhammad Ali
GHS PTSA website: http://www.graftonptsa.org
Have a comment for the GHS PTSA? Want something corrected a/o added to this mailing? Want to be DELETED from our e-mail listing? Reply and let us know! Contact Monday Message at firstname.lastname@example.org