1. Upcoming dates:
16 Mar – “B” Day
Good news! YCSD will maintain GHS master schedule in spite of Snow Days!
17 Mar – After Prom Committee Planning Mtg @ 6:30pm in GHS Atrium
18 Mar – Outback After-Prom Dinner @ GHS Sold Out!
20 Mar – Red & Blue Crew during lunch – Brownies!
21 Mar – Senior Class Car Wash for After-Prom
25 Mar – YCSB Community Forum with Dr. Shandor, YCSD Superintendant @ 7 p.m. in GHS Auditorium
27 Mar – Mr. Grafton Pageant!!
6 – 10 Apr – Spring Break!
Parents! How well do you know teens? English 12 students would love for you to take the following survey. Please respond to the following survey link:
Together we can make a difference! GHS & the PTSA Needs You in 2015-2016! Please consider taking on a leadership role in one of our very worthy Board positions or Committee Chairs. Questions? Please contact Deanne Wagner, PTSA Volunteers Chairman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 951-3085
The next GHS PTSA Red & Blue Crew will be this Friday 20th of March during all lunch blocks. If you are a PTSA member visit the RBC table to get your BROWNIE!! If you are not yet signed up then bring $6 to the PTSA table, complete a membership form and get your BROWNIE as well as an incentive for joining. See you Friday!
VOLUNTEERS STILL NEEDED in support of After-Prom Activities & Fun$raisers:
Need 1 or 2 parents to help coordinate the Senior Class Assembly on April 22. We have done some of the legwork already but need YOUR help. It only takes 1 person to make a difference! Send email to email@example.com help.
Bring your car out to the GHS After-Prom CAR WASH on Saturday, March 21st from 10am – 3pm @ One Stop Auto on Route 17 between Walmart & McDonalds. Sign-Up to help AND/OR have your car washed. We need both volunteers and customers! See you on Saturday!
(Sign up by clicking link below)
Mr. Grafton 2015! The pageant of all pageants!! Friday, 27 March @ 7pm in the GHS Auditorium. The guys have been training hard and the rehearsals promise a hilarious evening! If parents would like to volunteer their support, please contact Cindy Kirschke at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tammy Minter at email@example.com. Skip “The Bachelor” and check out the Mr. Grafton pageant!
Then After Mr. Grafton has been crowned, enjoy a sweet treat from SweetFrog Yorktown on March 27th. Tell your cashier that you are with GHS and they will donate 20% of their proceeds to After-Prom. See Attachment
WE STILL NEED RUNNERS! Spring is coming!! So sign up now and before March 21st to get your discounted rate for the GHS Color Me Red and Blue 5K Fun Run on April 4th! And check out the special discount for groups! See Attachments or Sign-up On-line at http://mysignup.com/graftonafterprom-5k
Check out the 5K website at www.graftonafterprom.com
Lastly, don’t forget to purchase Senior Graduation Garden Flags & GHS Yard Sign for your graduate! See Photo & Order Attachments
Administrative/School Counseling News:
· Please bring your college acceptance letters to Mrs. Bowles in the School Counseling Office. We will make a copy and give them back the original.
· If the colleges Seniors have applied to require a mid-year transcript, please have them bring an envelope for each school, addressed with stamp, and the student’s name printed under the flap of the envelope by no later than February 6th……for all schools that use the Commom Application, the counselor will send these electronically, NO envelope is required!!!
· Senior Parents! If you want your student’s name and scholarship to be noted in the graduation program, you must bring the scholarship award letter to Mrs. Bowles in the School Counseling Office. You do NOT need to be accepting the scholarship to have it noted in the program!
· The Hugh O’Brian Youth Leadership Program (HOBY) is looking for a selected Ambassador to represent Grafton High School. HOBY is a prestigious summer leadership program. The selected GHS student is joined by thousands of other high school sophomores who attend one of 72 HOBY Leadership Seminars throughout the country. See Mrs. Ericsson in the School Counseling Office if you’re interested. Additional information can be found on www.hoby.org/students & http://www.vahoby.org/
3. PTSA News:
· After Prom still needs YOU! Don’t wait until your child is a senior to volunteer! After-Prom provides a safe, fun, and exciting environment for our seniors and their dates once the formal prom is complete. Freshman, Sophomore, Junior and SENIOR parents are encouraged to volunteer. The Class of 2015 After Prom will NOT happen without your help. Email Charlene Lassiter, Volunteer Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org TODAY! If you can’t donate your time, please support this important event by attending the following event(s) or making a donation payable to GHS After Prom mailed to Grafton High School, 403 Grafton Dr, Yorktown, VA 23692.
4. Clubs/Activities News:
· York County High School Sailing Team!… is always looking for new team members. If you have any sailing experience, please consider joining our team. Please see attached flyer for more info or email email@example.com. Open to all students in York County School District, grades 7 – 12.
· Don’t know how to sail?….contact Al Cummins at firstname.lastname@example.org or 757-259-0739 and learn about the Seaford Yacht Club 2015 Learn to Sail Junior Sailing Program for info on summer programs.
5. Athletic News
7. Closing Thought:
Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
May your blessings outnumber
the shamrocks that grow,
And may trouble avoid you
wherever you go.