- Upcoming dates:
23 Feb – “A” Day — 2-hour delay
After Prom desperately needs YOU! PLEASE consider giving your time to a safe, fun-filled after-party for the Class of 2015 on prom night. Email Charlene Lassiter today at GHSAfterProm2015@gmail.com to help. If you can’t donate your time, please support this important event by attending the following event(s) or making a donation payable to GHS After Prom mailed to Grafton High School, 403 Grafton Dr, Yorktown, VA 23692.
See you at the Sweet Frog fundraiser on Wednesday, February 25. See attached flyer or just mention you are with Grafton After Prom.
Join the party on March 7 at GHS for a ZUMBATHON from 9 am – 12 pm. Tickets are $10 sold in advance or at the door. See Attachment
Don’t cook on 18 March and let Outback Steakhouse handle dinner! See Attachment
And don’t miss the the pageant of all pageants — Mr. Grafton 2015! The competition will be held Friday, March 27th at 7pm in the GHS auditorium. Any interested student can sign up in the GHS office now. For more information, contact Cindy Kirschke email@example.com or Tammy Minter at firstname.lastname@example.org. Skip “The Bachelor” and check out the Mr. Grafton pageant!
And Yes, Spring will soon be here! So sign up know for the GHS Color Me Red and Blue 5K Fun Run on April 4th! And check out the special discount for groups! See Attachment
Administrative/School Counseling News:
- Please bring your college acceptance letters to Mrs. Bowles in the School Counseling Office. We will make a copy and give them back the original.
- If the colleges Seniors have applied to require a mid-year transcript, please have them bring an envelope for each school, addressed with stamp, and the student’s name printed under the flap of the envelope by no later than February 6th……for all schools that use the Commom Application, the counselor will send these electronically, NO envelope is required!!!
- Senior Parents! If you want your student’s name and scholarship to be noted in the graduation program, you must bring the scholarship award letter to Mrs. Bowles in the School Counseling Office. You do NOT need to be accepting the scholarship to have it noted in the program!
- AP TESTING: Registration has been extended until Friday, 27 February at 2:15pm. Forms have been given out in AP classes. (See Attach) Only 1 form is need per student. The cost is $91 per exam, with checks payable to Grafton High School. Please include a parent contact number on the check. Mrs. Huffines is collecting registration forms/money in her office (Rm 411) and during all lunches on Feb. 11th and 12th. Please email Mrs. Huffines email@example.com or call her at 898-0419 if you have any questions.
- Save the Date! 15 March 2015 for AAVMC Veterinary Medical Career Fair and Information Sessions – Registration is Open! See Attachment for this free event in D.C. for any high school and undergraduate student interested in the veterinary medical profession.
- PTSA News:
Upcoming After Prom Fundraisers:
7 March – Zumbathon! See Attachment
18 March – Outback Steak Night – See Attachment
27 March – The Mr. Grafton Pageant!
4 April – Color Me Red-n-Blue 5K Fun Run/Walk
- Together we can make a difference! Volunteers are always welcome and needed. GHS & the PTSA Needs You! Please consider taking on a leadership role in one of our very worthy events. Questions? Please contact Deanne Wagner, PTSA Volunteers Chairman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 951-3085
- 4. Clubs/Activities News:
- Have you checked out GHS’s Drama Thespian Troupe 6001? The Spring Musical of Little Women has been set for April. Club members just returned from the Virginia State Thespian Festival at GMU where 7 students qualified for the National competition at the International Thespian Festival this summer in Lincoln, NE! Check them out at
www.thespiantroupe6001.weebly.com or contact Mrs. Kreicar at GHS.
- York County High School Sailing Team!… is always looking for new team members. If you have any sailing experience, please consider joining our team. Please see attached flyer for more info or email email@example.com. Open to all students in York County School District, grades 7 – 12.
- Don’t know how to sail?….contact Al Cummins at firstname.lastname@example.org or 757-259-0739 and learn about the Seaford Yacht Club 2015 Learn to Sail Junior Sailing Program for info on summer programs.
- Closing Thought:
“It is wiser to find out, than to suppose.”
– Mark Twain