The Monday Message e-mail address is email@example.com
3 May – “B” Day
4 May – AP Testing starts – Student with back-to-back exams are reminded to bring bag lunch
· SOL Testing Schedules distributed
· After-Prom Tickets go on sale through 8 May in Atrium. Tickets are $10. Completed Senior packet with parent signatures required before a ticket can be sold
10 May – Mother’s Day!
11 May – After Prom Planning Committee Mtg at 6:30pm in Cafeteria
16 May – Prom & After Prom!!…only 2 weeks away!
See these important links:
Senior After Prom Packet
Guest After Prom Packet
Senior Parents…WE STILL NEED VOLUNTEERS to safely and properly execute After-Prom!
This may most likely be the last opportunity to participate in your child’s high school activities. Let’s show them our support by clicking on the link: http://mysignup.com/ghsafterprom-volunteers
NOW CALLING … all Freshman, Sophomore, and JUNIOR Parents…Don’t wait until your child is a Senior to find out what After Prom is all about. You can volunteer too!
Help FEED the Seniors at After Prom by clicking on http://mysignup.com/graftonafterprom-food. All food items need to be delivered to the YMCA at 10:00-10:45 PM on Friday, May 16th. If earlier time arrangements need to be made, email Kelly Kranz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Administrative/School Counseling News:
· Access resources for AP and SOL testing at http://www.edline.net/pages/GraftonHS/Testing. This important link contains helpful prep material, important testing dates, and schedules.
· SOL after-school review sessions will be run Tuesdays and Thursdays through 5/14 from 2:15-3:15. Students may be picked up or take the afternoon bus home at 5pm. Letters for students who were recommended for these sessions have been distributed to students.
· AP testing runs Monday, May 4th-Friday through May 15th.
· SOL testing runs May 18th through May 26th. SOL student schedules with important testing information will be distributed Monday, May 4th during 2AB and will not be mailed home. Please ask your student for their schedule.
· Please contact Mrs. Huffines if you have any questions at 898-0419 or via email at email@example.com.
· SENIORS! Be a part of the slideshow on class day! Submit your pictures to any of your class officers (Zach Lechthaler, Aidan Wright, Taylor Bradshaw, Elizabeth Ballman), the senior facebook page, or Mrs. Shriner. Don’t be left out! DEADLINE IS MAY 8. We want everyone represented in the show. Not sure what to send? Choose from baby/middle school (be sure to include some sort of senior photo so we can see how you’ve grown up!), athletics, school activities, plays, band, field trips, summer activities. Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Volunteer Excellence Scholarship is established by the Grafton High School Parent, Teacher, Student Association (PTSA) to recognize GHS seniors who perform outstanding volunteer service of a sustained, direct, and consequential nature to our school and local community; and can best articulate the impact their volunteerism has made on their school, community and self. Applications are due NLT 27 May 2015. See Attachment
· Senior Parents! If you want your student’s name and scholarship to be noted in the graduation program, you must bring the scholarship award letter to Mrs. Bowles in the School Counseling Office. You do NOT need to be accepting the scholarship to have it noted in the program!
· Please bring your college acceptance letters to Mrs. Bowles in the School Counseling Office. They will make a copy and give them back the original.
· Summer School Academic Program Registration Form is now available in the School Counseling Office!
o Students may register for Summer School in the School Counseling office from April 27-June 05.
o After June 5th registration will be at Tabb High School June 15-17, 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
o Tuition- $450 for repeat credit, $550 for original credit, $ 300 for ½ credit math class
· Call your School Counselor for more information!
3. PTSA News:
· How do you help make your child’s high school years a better experience? The GHS PTSA Needs You in 2015-2016! Please consider taking on a leadership role in one of our very worthy Board positions or Committee Chairs. Critical positions from President to Volunteer Coordinator are needed. Questions? Please contact Deanne Wagner, PTSA Volunteers Chairman at email@example.com or 951-3085.
Remember – It only takes 1 person to make a difference
· GHS Senior garden flags and yard signs are still available! Show your school spirit! The proceeds from this fundraiser will go to the After Prom. Attached is a picture of a flag and sign – which will say “2015.” See Order Form attached. Please fill it out and return the form and a check to the GHS main office in an envelope marked “PTSA Garden Flag & Sign.” Checks should be made out to GHS PTSA. Or you can email Deanne Wagner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Clubs/Activities News:
5. Athletic News:
· The Grafton Athletic Booster Club is accepting nominations for Executive Board positions for the 2015/2016 school year. The positions are: President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer
You may submit your nominations to Kelly Harrah at email@example.com
Interested in helping on a committee? We have many to choose from and would love to have you
· The Clipper Football Team is conducting a Punt, Pass & Kick Fundraiser at the Noodles & Company near the Patrick Henry Mall on Friday, 8 May from 11am to 9pm. All funds will go toward purchasing new equipment for next year’s season. See Attachment
7. Closing Thought:
No matter what accomplishments you achieve, someone helped you. Take time to thank them today. –Althea Gibson